Men’s Club – Vacancies for Course Raters in Leinster
Leinster Golf wishes to recruit Volunteers to undertake the positions of Course Raters for the USGA Course Rating System.
Leinster Golf is the largest of the four Provincial Branches within the Golfing Union of Ireland with responsibility for 151 affiliated male clubs. The purpose of Leinster Golf is to provide a planned, efficient and cost effective service to the clubs and its members, this includes allocating Standard Scratch Scores to courses in the Province.
Course Rating is based on the performance of a ‘Notional Scratch Golfer’ to provide a Standard Scratch Score (S.S.S.). It is also based on the performance of a ‘Notional Bogey Golfer’ to provide a Slope Rating. The system enables Standard Scratch Scores and Slope Ratings to be established for golf courses throughout the Province. Courses are re-rated every ten years unless there are major alterations during the intervening period.
There are currently five Course Rating Teams in operation and vacancies exist on a number of teams throughout the Province. Each team has a Team Leader who co-ordinates visits to clubs and reports to Leinster Golf with their findings. Full training will be provided by Leinster Golf.
• To undertake course inspections with a Team approximately six times per annum within commuting distance of home.
• To complete USGA Course Rating forms.
• Willing to learn about the USGA Course Rating System
• Willing to attend training days
• Availability weekdays during the period April-September
• Computer literate
• Aptitude for the game of golf
• A member of a golf club in Leinster
Key Benefits to getting involved
• The opportunity to make new friends in golf
• A chance to visit new courses
• Help make a difference to Leinster Golf
• Gain experience at Course Rating and learn new skills
• Travelling and food expenses refunded by Leinster Golf.
If you are interested in applying for one of these voluntary roles, please submit your interest on the attached application form Application Form Course Raters.pdf preferably by email to email@example.com or post to Teresa Thompson (Executive Officer), Leinster Golf, Carton Demesne, Maynooth, Co. Kildare.
Applications close on Wednesday 7th March 2018.